running analysis, performance testing, and strength programs
At Custom Performance, ALL of our staff are specially trained to work with runners of all abilities
Running Analysis with Optogait
VO2 Max & Lactate Threshold Testing
We offer a one hour comprehensive biomechanical Running Analysis to evaluate your movement patterns and stride using video analysis. Real-time results help us create a tailored plan to increase efficiency and decrease injury.
Along with filming your gait, we collect Optogait Data which provides us with personalized information about your:
- Flight time
- Ground contact time (broken down into initial contact, foot flat, propulsive phase)
- Side to side asymmetries (left vs. right leg)
- Stride angle (related to IT Band syndrome risk)
- Stride length
This information assists us in developing a custom plan for you as well as injury prevention.
With this 1 hr service, you receive:
- Biomechanical analysis and cueing to improve form
- Videos of "before" and "after" sent to your email
- Assessment of strength and range of motion
- A specific plan to correct these imbalances
- A print out of your optogait data
- A tailored running plan
- Answers to questions regarding; shoes, orthotics, training, nutrition, and any other running-related topics.
Greg Laraia, ATC:
Gregory Laraia ATC is an Athletic Trainer and running consultant at Custom Performance. Greg graduated from East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania where he was a student athlete competing all four years on the Cross Country and Track teams. During his time at East Stroudsburg Greg interned in a variety of settings from middle school all the way up to division 1 collegiate athletics performing injury assessments, rehabilitation exercises and therapeutic modalities to all types of athletes. He also has experience working with patients from an orthopedic outpatient Physical Therapy clinic where he educated patients on proper rehabilitation techniques. Greg is also FMT Rocktape Certified, a competitive runner in the New York area as well as a running coach with clients of all ages. With a passion for helping patients and athletes alike, Greg provides the highest quality care to help clients reach their goals.